National Postdoc Conference 2023
Tuesday 19 September 2023
C-DICE and Loughborough University are delighted to host the UKRSA/Vitae biennial National Postdoc Conference in 2023 as part of Postdoc Appreciation Week – the only conference in the UK dedicated solely to the celebration of postdoctoral researchers from any university, in any discipline. Join us at Loughborough University on 18 September for a pre-conference networking evening and on 19 September for talks, workshops, networking and a celebration of postdocs!
Our conference theme of “Transitions and New Horizons” will provide a platform to celebrate the impact and contribution of postdocs in changing the world for the better. It will bring together the postdoctoral community for building networks, sharing experiences, developing careers and equipping postdocs to thrive in their current role and beyond.
What’s happening at NPDC23?
An exciting programme of talks, workshops, well-being activities and networking is planned. Confirmed speakers include, Dame Professor Jessica Corner (Executive Chair, Research England), Hetan Shah (Chief Executive, Royal Academy), and more. Arriving the night before? Join us for a pre-conference networking evening on 18 September.
Have you got a poster presentation or online content you’d like to share? Submit now for posters to be presented at the conference or online content for the NPDC website.
Recognise and celebrate the work of postdocs and those that support postdocs with an NPDC23 award. Make a nomination in the following catergories:
- Impact for postdoc careers award (postdoc, academic or support staff, or an activity)
- Unsung hero award (3 categories, postdocs)
- Advancement of knowledge
- EDI champion
- Sustainability champion
Loughborough is a market town in the heart of the East Midlands, about halfway between Leicester and Nottingham and only a short train ride away from London. With great transport links, Loughborough is an easy place to get to.
Loughborough University is a top-ten university in the league tables and over 90% of its research is “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”, find out more about our achievements below. As such Loughborough recognises the value and importance of postdocs and their development.
Support to attend NPDC23
Do you need support to attend the conference? We have a Caring Support Fund to help carers meet the additional costs, and a Travel Grant Fund to help postdoctoral researchers attend when they may otherwise not have the funds to do so. Register on Inkpath and sign on to the activity to apply.
If you are thinking of submitting an abstract for NPDC23, we can also support you with the costs of this with a special Networking Grant, up to £1,000, designed to support postdoctoral researchers who wish to engage with the National Postdoc Conference 2023 (NPDC23) call in a collaborative manner.
We are grateful for the support of our sponsors for NPDC23.
- Impactful postdoc futures, next steps: In this theme we will explore career opportunities open to postdocs across a broad spectrum of employment, including sharing opportunities to develop postdoctoral impact, professional skills, collaborations, and embedding this in postdoctoral employment.
- Celebrating postdoc breakthroughs: Postdocs can often be the unseen and unsung heroes behind advances in knowledge in their field. In this theme we will celebrate the impact and contribution that postdocs have had in creating a better future for us all, with thematic areas around key global challenges linked to the UN sustainable development goals. There will be opportunities to both nominate colleagues for, and win awards, which recognise postdoc achievement
- Enabling postdocs through the work environment In this theme we will look at best practice, policy and action around recruiting, sustaining, supporting and retaining postdoctoral talent in the higher education, industry and third sectors, to shift the dial on recognising the role and value of postdocs in advancing research.
Telephone: 01509 223476
Join the conversation #npdc23