Connecting with Industry
Do you want to apply your skills and experience to a new challenge and find out how businesses and organisations could benefit from your expertise? Perhaps you’d like to know more about a career outside of academia, increase the impact of your research or find new funding opportunities to work collaboratively with different industries. This 6-week training programme will give you all the inspiration, tools and knowledge you need to give it a try.
This dynamic and interactive programme will give you a working knowledge of critical business issues that impact organisations and demonstrate how you can add value to them, whether through direct employment, collaborative research or supporting them to innovate. You will learn the “language of business”, which will give you the confidence you need to make your initial steps towards your goal, developing professional and transferable skills that will help you to build relationships and meaningful links with industry.
How it works
This is a six-week programme, with 1 module per week. Each module consists of:
- 20-30 minutes pre-session work delivered through an eLearning platform. The focus will be on the theory and introduction to the tools used in the next live session.
- 60-75 minute live, interactive session where you’ll see the theory and tools applied to engaging case studies and you’ll work in groups to give it a try yourself.
- 45-60 minute live “Conversation with Industry”, where one or more speakers will join the session and you’ll see your learning in a real-world context. This is also a chance to build confidence in asking questions and establishing your network.
- 30-45 minute application task post-session for you to apply all you’ve learnt to your own situation, which is submitted for progress assessment and feedback.
- You’ll receive a completion certificate at the end of the programme.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Identify a range of opportunities and strategies to engage with industrial partners, including where you can add value.
- Describe and explain the language used in business and industry.
- Analyse opportunities, language, and strategies to position yourself as a valuable expert to industry.
- Communicate your value as a postdoctoral researcher to industry and build meaningful relationships with industry.
The training programme is designed and delivered by Skillfluence, an established and highly-regarded provider in this field. You can review the detail of the training sessions and learn more about Skillfluence here: Skillfluence: Connecting with Industry
C-DICE is fully subsidising 30 places on this training programme, each with a value in excess of £300.
You can express an interest in this programme and check that you meet the eligibility criteria for a fully funded place using this form. You can book via Inkpath, using the booking link below.
DATES and TIMES
Tuesday 7th June 2022 10:00-12:00
Tuesday 14th June 2022 10:00-12:00
Tuesday 21st June 2022 10:00-12:00
Tuesday 28th June 2022 10:00-12:00
Tuesday 5th July 2022 10:00-12:00
Tuesday 12th July 2022 10:00-12:00