Industry Engagement Essentials for Postdocs – 12 October 2022 – 10:00-16:00
Engaging in research for industry requires specific yet diverse skills and knowledge. For successful industry engagement, researchers should understand the essentials of research consultancy, project management, knowledge exchange and how to utilise their PhD to engage with future employers.
Our one-day intensive workshop covers these essentials, highlighting the value of researchers’ existing skills and demonstrating how to combine these with new strategies and tools. Code-Switch Consultants Code-Switch Consultants will lead this research consultancy programme for C-DICE.
Industry Engagement Essentials comprises four interactive sessions in a one-day intensive workshop delivered by three facilitators and additional expert guest speakers. The sessions are:
- Researching for industry through consultancy;
- Knowledge exchange and industry skills in academia;
- Future-proof your career with project management skills;
- Equip yourself to explore opportunities outside academia.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the roles of research consultant and project management, as distinct from research academic.
- Identify the value of project management, linked to postdoc employability and career pathways
- Evaluate the importance of knowledge exchange and impact, linked to consultancy and PM work
- Identify personal skill sets and skills gaps
- Plan how to apply your learning from the training in setting personal career goals and next steps.