Transforming Postdoctoral Development – A workshop for postdocs, 10am – 12pm, 20th May
If you are a postdoctoral researcher at one of our partner institutes (see below), then we would love to meet you at this event.
Transforming postdoctoral development – how C-DICE can support you in your postdoctoral career
A free workshop for postdocs: 20th May 2021, 10am to 12pm
The new Centre for Postdoctoral Development in Infrastructure, Cities and Energy (C-DICE) provides postdocs with access to an enormous breadth and depth of expertise in infrastructure, cities and energy research.
We connect postdoctoral researchers to a vast network of organisations and individuals providing unprecedented opportunities for you to connect, inform and lead your individual development, and to contribute to research and innovation on the path to net-zero.
C-DICE will be supporting postdocs through:
- The C-DICE training programme – including CPD modules to suit your individual needs, and access to a broad spectrum of specialist and technical training in research and analytical techniques.
- The C-DICE developmental pathway – offering a range of long-term development opportunities, including industrial placements, business start-ups, technology transfer and ‘sector swapping’ opportunities.
- The C-DICE problem-led sandpit series – this brings teams together around solving complex industry based research challenges, offering a new way to combine research talents, inspire research questions and acquire essential team working skills.
- The C-DICE Impact strand – organising an annual conference series, Dragons’ Den-style events and other activities to enhance the visibility and employability of researchers for both industry and academic careers.
If you’re a postdoctoral researcher at one of our partner institutes (see below), then we would love to meet you at our workshop on 20th May between 10am and 12pm. This online event will include:
- An introduction to the aims of the Centre for Postdoctoral Development in Infrastructure, Cities and Energy (C-DICE)
- Details of how you can benefit from the C-DICE programme
- Workshops where you will have the opportunity to have your say and input into the future shape of the programme
C-DICE is made up of the Energy Research Accelerator (ERA) and UKCRIC higher education partners, and if you are a postdoc at any of the following partner universities, you are eligible to take part in our programme: Aston, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cranfield, Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt, Keele, Leeds, Leicester, Loughborough, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield, Southampton, UCL and Warwick.
Pre-register for this meeting on the link below.
Please forward this page to any other postdoc colleagues that may be interested in attending.