Postdocs – help us design the National Postdoc Conference 2023
Loughborough University and C-DICE are proud to announce that we will have been selected by Vitae and the UKRSA to host the National PostDoc Conference 2023. It will take place on campus during Postdoc Appreciation Week on 19 September 2023 and ALL postdocs are welcome.
The Transitions and New Horizons conference for postdocs will be a platform to celebrate the impact and contribution of postdocs in changing the world for the better. It will be a chance to convene the postdoctoral community for building networks, sharing experiences, developing careers and equipping postdocs to thrive in their current role and beyond.
This is a conference for postdocs by postdocs so we need YOUR help. We are recruiting postdocs from all disciplines to join the conference steering group. We also want to make the conference a great experience for all and are encouraging anyone with caring responsibilities or protected characteristics to get involved. And just to be clear, we aren’t asking you to run a conference, C-DICE has an experienced team ready to do this, what we want from you is your input on what the conference should be like – what postdocs want from their national conference….
Why get involved?
- To be part of the shaping of a national biennial event for postdocs.
- To gain experience of being part of a leadership team of large national conference.
- To make sure the needs of your discipline are shared.
- To make the conference accessible to all.
- To meet and support your fellow postdocs.
- To raise awareness and give a voice to postdocs.
- To join a conference planning team and develop new and transferable skills.
How to apply
To apply to join the steering group, please complete the Microsoft form. Applications close on Friday 21 October 5pm.
Time Commitment: The steering group will meet monthly for 90 minutes. Some meeting preparation may be required from you ahead of these sessions.
For further information, please contact us.