National Postdoc Conference 2023 – Submit a poster or online content
Postdoctoral researchers are invited to submit a poster or on-demand blog/ video content for the National Postdoc Conference 2023. These will be displayed on the On Demand Content section of our website in the run up to NPDC23 – and some posters will join our existing lineup at the conference. The deadline to submit is Monday, 11 September 2023.
We particularly welcome content that has been created by postdoctoral researchers in a collaborative manner with individuals from multiple partners and universities. Remember, the audience will be predominantly postdoctoral researchers from a wide variety of disciplines, so your submission should be pitched for this audience. We recommend downloading the guidance for presenters to ensure your contribution meet the aims of the conference.
On-demand content can be any video or audio content created by postdoctoral researchers to be shared via the conference website. This includes recordings of talks or other content produced to communicate your research with a wider audience. Video and audio files will be shared via the On Demand Content page on the conference website. This content can be delivered in the following ways:
- On-demand video/audio
- Host your video privately on YouTube/Vimeo – submit by copying the link to a Word document and uploading it on Inkpath.
- On-demand blog post
- An opinion piece, around 400-500 words and written in a conversational style and uploaded on Inkpath.
If you wish to submit on-demand content that will be delivered via a different mechanism, please email email@example.com.
C-DICE will print the selected posters and display them in the poster hall. A copy of the poster will be made available to view on-demand via an on-line gallery hosted on the NPDC23 website.
Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Posters should be created using the template provided (portrait orientation).
- Please use a large font size on your poster (ideally 24 point or larger).
- Keep text to a minimum.
- Make your poster visually appealing by utilising illustrations, graphics, graphs, charts, and/or tables.
- Ensure contents have a logical flow.
- Make it colourful.
- Participants may remove and collect their posters at the end of the display after 4pm on 19 September 2023. Posters not removed by 5:30pm will be removed and disposed of.
We welcome content which relate to the three key themes of the conference:
- Impactful postdoc futures, next steps: Exploring career opportunities open to postdocs across a broad spectrum of employment, including sharing opportunities to develop postdoctoral impact, professional skills, collaborations, and embedding this in postdoctoral employment.
- Celebrating postdoc breakthroughs: Postdocs can often be the unseen and unsung heroes behind advances in knowledge in their field. At NPDC23 we will celebrate the impact and contribution that postdocs have had in creating a better future for us all, with thematic areas around key global challenges linked to the UN sustainable development goals. If you would like to present a poster showcasing your research this is the theme to choose.
- Enabling postdocs through the work environment: We will look at best practice, policy and action around recruiting, sustaining, supporting and retaining postdoctoral talent in the higher education, industry and third sectors, to shift the dial on recognising the role and value of postdocs in advancing research.
Submission Process For Posters:
- Download the template for posters provided above
- Sign up/log in to Inkpath
- Navigate to the activity “NPDC23 On-Demand Content & Poster Abstract Call”. If you’re already signed in, just click the button below
- Book the activity to then upload the completed template
- On demand content can be uploaded via the same Inkpath activity. If your file exceeds the size limit, you can also email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding the above, or need to submit your application in a different format please email Cdiceemail@example.com including “NPDC23 abstract query” in the subject bar.
|Deadline for on demand content and posters (Extended)
Monday 11 September 2023, 12 pm
The C-DICE team have put together a 10 minute video covering everything you need to know about designing a workshop. You can view this below.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this information in another format.
Join the conversation #npdc23