COP27 Networking Grant
C-DICE is pleased to announce an open call for a special Networking Grant designed to assist postdoctoral researchers with travel costs to COP27 in Egypt or COP27 related events within the UK. COP27 provides a unique opportunity for postdocs to network with the global Net Zero research community. Due to the tight timescales, applications for this Networking Grant will be fast tracked.
This call for proposals is made possible by a grant from the Research England Development (RED) fund. Funding is available to cover travel & subsistence only to COP27 or a COP27 related activity.
The maximum award for the COP27 Networking Grant is £2,000 for attending COP27 in Egypt.
The maximum award for the COP27 Related Networking Grant is £1,000 for attending COP27 related activities within the UK.
The RED fund will contribute 100% of these costs. No salary will be paid from this grant. The selection process is managed by the C-DICE Development Strand, led by Professor Chris Rogers and managed by Amy Beierholm at the University of Birmingham.
• Confirmation of expenditure
• A short final report (template provided)
- Postdoctoral researchers and final year PhD students at C-DICE affiliated partners.
- The applicant must already have plans to attend COP27 in Egypt to apply for the COP27 Networking Grant or a COP27 related activity in the UK to apply for the COP27 Related Networking Grant.
- Please note that award of this Networking Grant does not guarantee admission to COP27 or any related event. Any travel visas are the responsibility of the participant.
- This funding is not intended for permanent teaching staff / lecturers.
- Applications will be assessed as they are received.
- Final Deadline for applications: 24 Oct 2022 at 16:00
- Notification of awards will be made within 3 working days of receipt.
- Proposals may be submitted at any time prior to the deadline.
- Sign up for this activity to receive the link to the online proposal form.
- Complete a short proposal form online, to include:
- Applicant details
- Supervisor details
- Budget justification and requested funding
- Narrative CV
- Cover letter (to provide context)
For guidance on Narrative CVs, go to: https://epsrc.ukri.org/files/funding/calls/2020/open-fellowship-narrative-cv-and-track-record/
Applications should be submitted via an online form.
Any questions can be emailed to Amy Beierholm at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, first register on Inkpath and affiliate to C-DICE. Then, search for activity DPAB0005 or click “Apply Now” below.