Birmingham Decarbonisation Summer School 2023 Networking Grant
C-DICE is pleased to support attendees of the 2023 Birmingham Decarbonisation Summer School (Summer School) with a special networking grant with the aim of helping postdoctoral researchers and final year PhD students develop collaborations with industry and academia through the Summer School.
This Networking Grant is made possible by a grant from the Research England Development (RED) fund. Funding is available to cover travel and subsistence only for delegates of the Summer School, held at UKRRIN, University of Birmingham from the 24th of July until 28th of July 2023.
For residential delegates, this grant will cover return transport to University of Birmingham, hotel (bed and breakfast) for 5 nights, and evening meals for 3 nights. For day delegates, this grant will cover return transport to University of Birmingham for 5 days. The maximum award is £1,000.
The RED fund will contribute 100% of these costs. No salary will be paid from this grant. Offer of this grant is conditional upon successful application to attend the Summer School.
After the Summer School
- Confirmation of expenditure
- A short reflective piece (either in a blog, video, or short report – template available)
- Open to postdocs and final year PhD students who are eligible to apply to the Summer School.
- This Networking Grant will only be awarded to applicants who are successful in their Summer School application.
- This funding is not intended for permanent teaching staff / lecturers.
- Upon notification of successful application to the Summer School, this Networking Grant will also be awarded.
- Notification of awards will be made by 26 May.
- Deadline to apply for this grant and send the supporting document is 10 May 2023 at 16:00.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply to the 2023 Birmingham Decarbonisation Summer School, indicating that you will apply for the C-DICE special networking grant.
- Book on to Inkpath Activity DPAB0012 or click “Apply Now” below.
- Email a copy of your budget justification to firstname.lastname@example.org AND cc: email@example.com with the subject line “Decarbonisation SS Networking Grant – (your name)”
Any questions can be emailed to Amy Beierholm at firstname.lastname@example.org