National Postdoc Conference 2023 Networking Grant
C-DICE is pleased to announce an open call for a special Networking Grant, valued at up to £1,000, designed to support postdoctoral researchers who wish to engage with the National Postdoc Conference 2023 (NPDC23) call in a collaborative manner. There are two stages where a postdoc may apply for this Networking Grant.
Before acceptance to NPDC23:
This grant may be used for travel costs to travel within the UK for the following:
- To develop in-person workshops or on-demand content with a collaborator at a different location (university, research facility, industry, charity, etc).
- To collaboratively write an abstract for a conference paper or poster.
- To otherwise respond to the NPDC23 call in a collaborative manner.
- Please note that deadline for submitting an abstract to NPDC23 is 25 April 2023.
After acceptance to NPDC23:
- To plan / co-create in-person workshops or on-demand content with a collaborator at a different location.
- To collaboratively write a conference paper or poster.
- For the creation of online / on-demand content – this can be used to pay for creative media services – subject to your abstract being accepted. If the Networking Grant is used in this way, a higher limit may be granted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com) to request a higher limit before applying for the Networking Grant.
Due to the tight timescales, applications for this Networking Grant will be fast tracked. This Networking Grant is open to all UK postdocs. It is not limited to C-DICE postdocs. However, applicants will have to register for Inkpath.
This call for proposals is made possible by a grant from the Research England Development (RED) fund. Funding is available to cover travel & subsistence only.
The maximum award is £1,000 (with the exception outlined above); the amount awarded will depend on the networking activities.
The C-DICE fund will contribute 100% of these costs. No salary will be paid from this grant. The fund is limited and grants are available on a first come first served basis. C-DICE reserves the right to close the call before the deadline.
- Confirmation of expenditure
- A submission to NPDC23 OR a short report
- Postdoctoral researchers at a UK university, research facility or from industry.
- This funding is not intended for permanent teaching staff / lecturers.
- Applications will be assessed as they are received.
- Notification of awards will be made within 10 working days of receipt.
- Final date for submitting an application is 19 July 2023.
- Proposals may be submitted at any time prior to the deadline.
- Sign up for this activity on Inkpath to receive the link to the online proposal form.
- Complete a short proposal form online, to include:
- Applicant details
- Supervisor details
- Budget justification and requested funding
- Working Project Title (this need not be the same project title as for your NPDC23 submission)
- Cover letter (max 500 words)
- Email(s) from host institution supporting the application (to be sent separately).
Any questions can be emailed to Amy Beierholm at firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com)
To apply, first register on Inkpath.
If you are at a C-DICE HEI, then affiliate with C-DICE. Then search for activity DPAB0011 or click “C-DICE Apply Now” below.
If you are not at a C-DICE HEI, then affiliate with NPDC23. Then search for activity NPDC0007 or click “Non-C-DICE Apply Now” below.